Teeny Weeny Tot School

Thursday 23 October 2014

teeny1 copy

 

We’re celebrating a few milestones! 

First Vito can now sit upright in his chair. I used this opportunity to make him look at books and practice turning pages to master pincer grasp :)DSC_0654 

And we started to wean on his own! He insisted actually. I was feeding him and wanted to take spoon from me which I did. I gave him the opportunity to feed himself and he actually did! Well he didn’t get to finish his lunch but it’s so AMAZING to see him trying to scoop the food from the his bow and put it in his mouth! He was doing it OVER and OVER until he got tired until Mommy has to do it for him :)

xavi eating

Sensory and weaning at the same time using a jelly!

DSC_0790

This soft sensory blocks is not a favourite at the moment. But I do love their colours and their different textures.  For now he just keeps on mouthing them and using them as teethers  (yes these are teethers as well). 

DSC_0542

He loves to touch it using his pointer fingers though.

DSC_0561

More pincer grasp practice using the chunky puzzles.

DSC_0743 

Oh and definitely loves my homemade shakers :)

DSC_0767 

I’m not into sensory bins as I don’t have the space to store them but we do have lots of boxes of animal figures (Mavi’s), and whenever I need him to get busy… I just give him these boxes to explore.  He loves to take the animal figures from the box and put them just on the side.

xavi playing

For language, we did animal farms last week. 

DSC_0700

Linking to:

Tot School
Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child
Share It Saturday
The Natural Homeschool

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.