Language and History Books

Wednesday 1 October 2014

DSC_1522

My books from Book Depository arrived yesterday. We were able to work on some grammar lessons using First Language Lessons Vol 1.  I have heard good reviews about this book (and the series) so I’m giving it a try.  The tools used in the book are memory work, copywork, narration and grammar (leading to a Charlotte Mason’s principles).   I observed the  A LOT of repetitions though. But that’s fine with me. I have nothing against that technique worked for me, especially with mathematics.  In case its too much for my son to handle I’ll just skip some pages LOL.

For our history, I got The Story of the World Vol 1.  I love world history and I can’t wait to use this with Mavi.  I bought a hardcopy of the book but purchased a PDF version of the activity book so I can reuse it with Vito.

Will update more on this as we progress. Happy Wednesday!

1 comments:

  1. Hi!! I am in love with your blog! I have a question about The Story of the World. Is it secular? I am looking for a secular history curriculum to follow with my six year old son. I'm wondering if it would be a good fit for us. Currently, I am using a variety of non-fiction books and activities that I usually find online or from my own years as an educator. I can't wait to hear more about The Story of the World. :)

    ReplyDelete