Trees in 4 Seasons

Tuesday 25 June 2013

We made these wonderful trees last week and I think it deserves a post!

Materials needed:  some colored tissue paper and 4 tree trunks (cut-out from paper bags)

DSC_0567 

Cut the tissue paper into small pieces and crumple each.  For the trunks, glue them on a white paper or cardstock.  You might work on one tree at a time.  Such as here, we started with summer... thus the green tissue.  I also advice to use some range from light to dark colors for some accent.  My son had fun gluing the leaves on the trees!

DSC_0571 

Here's our winter and spring trees.  My son decorated the winter tree with some "snowy leaves" on the ground and leaving the tree almost bare.  Our spring tree is a Cherry Blossom thus the color pink.

  DSC_0575

For summer, we have light and dark green leaves and for autumn he wanted yellow and orange with leaves on the ground.

 DSC_0576

And this is how they turned out... and I love it! They all look good together!  I'll find a suitable frame for them so I could hang and display them in sitting room:)

 DSC_0573

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Spring Carnival

3 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! We colored some last year, but I'm LOVING the crinkled paper idea. Thanks so much for sharing. Definitely pinning the idea for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! I love how the trees turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I love how the trees turned out!

    ReplyDelete