Botany Lessons

Wednesday 5 June 2013

I mentioned in my previous post that we're doing Botany this month :)  I've been waiting for a "summer" weather for this unit so we could do lots of outdoor learning and mother nature has finally heard my prayer. 

Anyway, here's what we're going to have this month:

  • plant
  • tree
  • leaf
  • seed
  • flower (not in the picture because I run out of green cardstock)

  DSC_0275

Nomenclature and Booklets

Yesterday we also had our "Tree Shapes" study

 DSC_0314

And used our Tree Shapes nomenclature/matching cards.  For more information about this file, click here or the picture for the link.

DSC_0363

My son brought his sunflower plant which they planted in school and I placed it in our window so he can easily tend it.  I placed a sprinkler so he can water it anytime of the day and added books on the side for reading.

DSC_0268

DSC_0258

Plants need sunlight and water

 

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Spring Carnival

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.