Tree Shapes

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Because of the wonderful weather, I decided to throw a Botany Unit for this month.  We've got plenty of trees around the estate, all with different shapes so I was thinking that we should jump-start our Botany lessons with Tree Shapes. 

So I made him a learning material that would  help us identify the tree shapes in our estate... and hopefully this weekend as we visit the park.  This is an activity sheet that is included in the printable material. 

DSC_0281

collagei

DSC_0289

It was fun! My son loved checking out the trees and guessing whether they are weeping, columnar, vase, globe etc.

DSC_0315

Also included in my file are 39 picture cards for tree shape sorting and nomenclature/matching cards.  (Click the picture for the file's link)

treeshapes

 

Now that he's familiar with the shapes, whenever we're out he would keep on eyeing trees and identify their shapes LOL.

More of these soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.