Asia ~ India

Thursday 15 November 2012

We had a wonderful time learning important facts about India. Here are some of the materials we used:

Currency (Rupee) which I Googled and printed out, stamps, Fact File similar to China, Indian flag which my son made, a map and a Taj Mahal figure.

DSC_1140 

Books are important learning materials as well and we’re lucky to have lots of great ones at our local library.

DSC_1080

We looked for India in the map which I purchased from here.

DSC_1097

The pictures that I printed out also helped a lot in understanding the lifestyle, culture and religion of India.  My son is amazed of the many things he has learned!  Like he can tell that Hinduism is for India and Buddhism is for China :)  Then he also wanted to try out eating on the floor, which most of the Indian people practices.  I couldn’t find a mehndi here so I skipped the part of applying artistic patterns on my hand.  We also tried eating “chapatis” (ready made) and dipped it to curry sauce (from my Chicken Curry).

     DSC_1101 DSC_1103

We ended our first session by making an Indian flag using our colored papers. He basically did it all by himself :)

DSC_1117 DSC_1119

      DSC_1125 DSC_1129

More of this soon!

Linking to:

Montessori Monday

2 comments:

  1. What amazing study on India, love the mini Taj Mahal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and well rounded study! I love your country studies =-)
    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete