Asia ~ China [2]

Monday 12 November 2012

Below are the activities we did in line with our China Unit Study (this is for Asia continent study).

CALLIGRAPHY

We tried numeric Chinese characters.  We practiced writing it using a pen... and later on tried using a black paint and a brush.  My son loved it!

DSC_1037 DSC_1039 

He was dead serious with calligraphy, concentrating just to get it right.

P1090413

 P1090416 P1090418

 

CHINESE LANTERN

We made lanterns using colored papers and cardstock.  This activity, he did not much enjoy though.

DSC_1053 DSC_1057

 DSC_1060

I added some details on the lanterns by adding glitters.  Chinese lanterns are usually red because it’s the color of “luck” and “prosperity”.

 DSC_1069

When I tried placing the lanterns on our candles, it got his attention.  He loved how the lanterns produced shadowy effects.

 DSC_1073 DSC_1074

CHINESE JUMP ROPE

Then of course, I just have to introduce the Chinese jump rope which I love to play as a child.  This game was very very popular during my growing up years.  And did my son like it? He love it to pieces!  He enjoyed linking the rubber bands together and much more when we started jumping over it! We’ve been playing with it for days now.  It would be best if we can play it outdoors.... maybe next year in summer time we’ll try it.

DSC_1075 DSC_1078

 

Linking to:

 Montessori Monday

1 comments:

  1. I like the lanterns so much! They are so easy to do and they look great!

    ReplyDelete