Asia ~ China (PRINTABLE)

Friday 9 November 2012

The highlight of this week’s “homeschool” is China.  As you’ve read previously, we’re doing Asia for continent study and the first Asian country we explored is China.  So I’ll be sharing with you the materials I prepared for this study and the activities we did:

DSC_1033

BOOKS.  I borrowed these from the library.  I love both of these series (Culture in and Letters from Around the World).   They’re easy to read, and loaded with lots of pictures and information that a 4yr old boy can easily absorb.  My favorite series is the Letters from Around the World.  Here, we learned about the life of Yiyi in China by reading her letters.  She introduces her family, show us her way of life, talks about her school and the things she loves to do.DSC_0842

MAP AND FACT FILE.  This map was purchased from Montessori Print Shop.  I colored the countries in East Asia and highlighted China in red (the rest is gray).  This way he can easily spot China and familiarize its location on the map.

DSC_1002

FLAG.  We discuss the Chinese flag flag first.  We talked about the representation of each stars in the flag and why is the Chinese flag color red. 

DSC_1009DSC_1011

To know more about China, I printed out pictures from Google showing the culture, foods and the religion practices of Chinese people.  I also made the currency and stamps out of Google search.

 DSC_0845 DSC_0846

Because I wanted to make some sort of like an album or a travel journal, I made captions for each pictures.   Here’s my file for the fact file seen on the map and the captions seen on these pictures.

 DSC_1016 DSC_1017

Here’s a closer look.DSC_1018

We talked about the pictures after reading the captions then post it on a paper.  This is how it all looks like later.DSC_1021

We compiled it in a folder, using page protectors.  I put the currency and stamps in an envelope and put it as well in the album.

DSC_1028

We had fun learning about all of these!  My son really really loves learning about the people of different countries... so amazing! 

More China-activities coming up...

 

Linking to:

Montessori Monday

1 comments:

  1. What a great study on China. Thanks for sharing your resources you made too =-)

    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete