Before FIAR: Goodnight Moon

Friday 30 March 2012

We’ve been doing this unit for sometime now because this book is one of my son’s favorite  and he loves the activities that we do to go along with it.  Since we spent most of our afternoon outdoors, I seldom have the time to write about our updates.  To cut my rant short, this has been a week-long overdue and I just have to post it so I can brush it off my mind.  Here are the activities we did for Goodnight Moon (B4FIAR):

Identifying the things that we see inside the little bunny’s room.  I got this printables from Homeschool Share.

DSC_0119
As we read along the book, he would take the pictures from the left and matched it to the object in the book.
DSC_0123
And here, he went inside his room to identify the things that we can see there, just like the book. 
DSC_0142

We worked on the printables that I got from Homeschool Creations.  This is the Read,Write and Spell... and instead of forming the words using magnetic letters like we used to, this time I had him write it on a paper to practice writing skills. 

DSC_0152

Identifying beginning letter using clip cards and shadow matching.                                                                                                              

     DSC_0177DSC_0178


Again, practicing writing skills.

DSC_0188

We also read read the book Hey Diddle Diddle which I got from the library.  And made these stick puppets as we  recite the rhyme. Read about the whole activity here

diddle
For  math, we learned about clock faces and time :) Here’s my post for this. 
clock
We also had number cards and counters.
DSC_0297
For science, we studied the phases of the moon.  Will provide a separate post on it this weekend.
DSC_0315

And that’s all what we had for Goodnight Moon Before FIAR.  I hope you can pick some ideas here to help you with your Before FIAR as well.  Happy weekend!
Linking this to:
 

3 comments:

  1. Super row! Love it all. The stick puppets are great - the clocks, too. Looking forward to seeing what you did for the moon. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stick puppets are too cute ~ and I LOVE the felt Earth and sun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun "row" - the stick puppets are way cute!! And WOW - love the felt earth & sun!!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you tomorrow =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete