Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day

Friday 16 March 2012

I’ve been busy these days, my son will be starting Montessori preschool this coming September so I’ve been running around processing papers and requirements. So pardon me if I have no relevant updates at the moment.

Anyway we did some crafts today... one in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day this coming Saturday and the other one is dinosaur related, which my son still can’t get other (see our activities here and here).

Since last week, we’ve been reading books about Ireland, talk about it’s culture and the festivals they celebrated. And from here, we chose among some crafts I pinned on my Pinterest and made him choose what he wanted to do.

DSC_1250

He wanted to make paper-plate shamrocks. Instead of using paper-plates, I decided to use an empty cardboard box.

P1030943

Cut out three circles and paint them with green using sponges.

P1030945

At first he wanted to use our paintbrush because he doesn’t want to stain his hands. Eventually, he realized that it was fun. (We’re using Crayola’s Washable paint)

P1030947

We added glitters.

P1030948

And glued them together. Sorry the the glitters weren’t visible enough.

P1030949

This is what we ended up later on. We made several of these and placed them around the house.

P1030955

This was just a simple craft, tomorrow we’ll do another one... hope it will be more interesting though LOL.

P1030881

We’ll be heading out to the city center this weekend to enjoy the fun and celebration. Hope I can get some decent photos to share :) Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Cute shamrock activity. Looks like he had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week & I'll see you Friday =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete