Getting the Most Out of Sensorial Play

Monday 1 February 2016

I am often asked by friends, after all the hassle of setting up a sensory bin, with all the mess here and there, what would the child learn from it?

Well basically, this kind of activity is for the child to explore his senses. It includes the sense of touch, smell (scented objects), eyes and hands and etc.  But I don’t limit myself in these.  We use sensorial play for literacy and math as well.  When we do sensorial bin, I make sure that I play with my kids, that I interact with them (especially with Vito) so he’ll learn how to communicate.

DSC_0681_thumb

Here’s a video of how we play with the ice and used it as a tool in learning vocabulary words, counting and more! No need for fancy toys Smile 

So you see, with just the ice, Vito learned a lot of vocabulary words:

  • big and small
  • cold
  • slippery
  • melting
  • hard

    Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Google Plus, Instagram or Twitter for updates!

  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.