Word Families and Rhyming Cards (Complete Pack)

Wednesday 18 June 2014

If you've been wondering why for the past few days I'm not so active in Facebook and in blogging, well that's because my son and I are enjoying these wonderful language materials which I created for rhyming games and learning word families.

 DSC_0900 copy

Right now, we're learning rhymes and spelling at the same time. According to my son, it's kind of tricky because they may sound the same but the spelling is different. Well of course! That's why I made these materials so he can explore those words and be familiarized with those words so he won't find it difficult to spell them.

 DSC_0882

Anyhoo, a few days ago, I shared a freebie of this pack.  That's because they were the first set I created and was so happy of how my son loved them so I just have to share it! Then he kept on asking for more words and stuff, so I added more into the set and I also added word sliders.

Word sliders or Word Strips as I called it years ago, was the activity I gave to Mavi to practice decoding and reading words. The repetitive words, sounds and patterns in the word families made it easier for him to decode the sound of the letter. It was really effective!  So I added this in my printable in all the word families I have in the pack.

DSC_0097[5]

So what's in the file?

RhymingWords copy

-  42 word families (picture cards)
-  each family contains at least 4 words that rhymes and these words are in the same word family.
-  there are some words that has 4 additional rhyme words with different spelling (are not member of the word family). This will show the child that words that rhyme can have different spelling or may come from other word families.
- control / Master Chart
-  slider Cards for reading practice for each word family

1 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! You do such a great job with your printables, and I am definitely going to have to get these for our shelves for the start of the school year (or sooner !)

    ReplyDelete