Animals and their Habitats (Part Two)

Monday 2 June 2014

This is the second part of our habitat lesson.  Click this link for the first part of my post.

habitattwo

Materials used:

Animal Habitat Cards by Pinay Homeschooler

Books:

Activity 1:  Camouflage.  We talk about how the animals adapt to their environment and protect their selves from predators.  Here we used Legos  and see if we can easily spot the animals.

 DSC_0343 DSC_0344

Activity 2:  Watching videos in Youtube on the different habitats of the world.

 DSC_0349 

Activity 3:  Spelling and vocabulary.  We used the moveable alphabets I purchased from Absorbent Minds.

 DSC_0361

To spice up our spelling activity, I have these pouches and use it to make a guess the word game.  I place the letters for each word to guess in the pouch and added clues like picture of an animal figure. 

              DSC_0383DSC_0388

Activity 4:  I printed our coloring pages for Mavi to work on.

              DSC_0366DSC_0371

Activity 5:  Mapping.  We identify the top five deserts of the world and plot them in the map.

             DSC_0370DSC_0379

And that concludes our habitat lesson :)  Thank you for taking time reading my post.  We'll do more interesting stuff in our next study unit.

Ciao!

For more FREEbies and learning aids, please check The Pinay Homeschooler Shop and Downloads.

For more activities: Follow Pinay Homeschooler's board Science on Pinterest.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child
Home + School = Afterschool!

1 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love the lego/camo activity! My son would love something like that - pinned :)

    ReplyDelete