Coral Reefs

Friday 26 October 2012

EDIT: Because of problems with Scribd (charging for membership or something) I made a copy of the printable file HERE.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got some interesting books from the library about the world of coral reefs and I whipped out a reef theme.
First we worked on the fishes in reef.  The animals are from Safari Toobs which I bought when we were in Singapore.DSC_0616
My printable for Coral Reef animals can be downloaded from here.    DSC_0704 Worked on the fish nomenclature card (homemade) for parts for the fish . 
DSC_0731
Did the puzzle (homemade). We did this last year as well.
DSC_0732
For crafts, we made fishes similar to that I’ve seen at I Heart Crafty Things.
DSC_0705 DSC_0706
My son made a blue fish (Blue Tang), and the name is IAJ.
DSC_0707
And here’re mine, of course it’s pink and I named it Holly.DSC_0712
We play with it for hours... pretending to swim around the house, going into corals and caves :)
The “ocean theme” is just an overwhelming topic.  So I might as dissect it into smaller subject so we can explore it thoroughly. This is an unplanned activity actually, so everything here is just “on the go”.  Will definitely revisit this topic and will dwell on it a little bit longer.  Reminds me to look for Aquatic museum around our area! Wish me luck!
Linking to:
Montessori Monday

1 comments:

  1. I'm amazed how well your fish figures match up with the cards!! How cool!!

    Super cute fish craft too =-)

    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a GREAT weekend,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete