Letter E: Parts of the Body Unit Activities

Sunday 20 September 2015

Letter Sound E

Last week, I put up a body parts unit study for Vito with emphasis on the letter E.  I’d like to share some of the materials and activities I prepared for him, of which he truly enjoyed.

1.  Recognition of body parts.

DSC_0649

Vito knows most of his body parts so I introduced our Body Parts Cards to him for abstract presentation.  The cards were used for identification, but in different ways. 

  • I would show the card and ask “what’s this?” Vito would answer and at the same time point to that part of his body.
  • I used the doll for identification (3rd person) like “where is the dolly’s hair?”
  • I could see him at times looking at the cards and imitate the picture.  So cute!

We are using my The Parts of the Body cards which you can get from here.

2.  Letter E objectsDSC_0339

I’ve got three objects for our letter e:  eye, elephant and egg.  I so love this method! To expand the child’s vocabulary, learn phonics and letters all at the same time!

DSC_0323

Vito always goes to this tray and would give me the object and say its name.  As for letter e, I love that he can remember the sound of ‘e’ whenever he encounters this in books! How amazing!

3.  Writing using our Egg shaped crayons

We are using Crayola here.

DSC_0456

4.  Tracing the body

DSC_0508Oh yes, this was fun! Mavi participated as well!      

                           DSC_0523  DSC_0527

DSC_0534

5.  Letter E for egg

DSC_0538

So he worked on peeling the eggshells…

DSC_0543

and devoured the egg!

                       DSC_0573  DSC_0590

And we later on used the eggshell in our letter E craft.

DSC_0598

 

6.  Making a faceDSC_0625

I cut out some different shapes, used a yarn for the hair and paper plate for the head and we have this cute face!  Vito was happy enough to wipe out all the glue as well.

DSC_0638

7.  Body Parts Puzzle

DSC_0643

Yes, if there’s one time that a little toddler can do with body parts is to start using a simple dress-up bear puzzle, with head, body and legs portion and being emphasized.  He couldn’t fit perfectly the pieces yet but he knows exactly where to  put the head, limb and legs.  We’ll do more of this!

And that’s about our activities for learning the body parts.  Don’t forget to pin this for later!

Letter E Sound PIN

And please follow or visit Pinay Homeschooler on Pinterest

Follow Pinay Homeschooler's board Pinay Homeschooler on Pinterest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.