Farm Animal Activities at 22 Months

Friday 11 September 2015

Last week Vito had a great time learning about farm animals.  I find it quite fascinating how my kids can easily learn a concept just by using animal figures.  It took me years to convince myself to invest in these animal figures.  We didn’t have them till Mavi was 3yrs old.  Vito is lucky enough to be able to play with these at a very young age.  So from reading books and making sounds, I levelled up the learning approach to widen his vocabulary, learn phonic sounds, practise logic and more.

Here are Vito’s TOP 6 farm animal activities:

Farm Animal Beginning Letter Sounds

Identifying the beginning letter sound of each animals. 

Materials used: Hape Alphabet PuzzleHape Alphabet Puzzle, farm animal figures (Schleich)

farm animal activities

farm animal activities

Rooster Craft

Read about our activity here.

farm animal activities

Pouring, Transferring and Scooping Fruits

Vito enjoyed this a lot! He loves pouring the fruits here and there!  I was even surprised that he can identify the apple even if it’s green color!

Materials used: Fruit counters from Learning Resources, buckets, scoops, wooden tray

farm animal activities

I suggest you use a mat, tray or rug when you work on this so that the fruits will not roll in the floor.

farm animal activities

Pig Mud Play

Materials used: pig figures from Safari Toobs, chocolate yogurt, spoon (he wouldn’t want to use his hand)

farm animal activities

Farm Animals Matching Cards

More details of this post here and the link to the card’s file download.

farm animal activities

Sheep and the Wool

I mentioned in my Rooster Craft that Vito loves using glue.  So we did work on the sheep craft and used cotton balls as wool.

farm animal activities

farm animal activities

Pin this post for later! 

FarmAnimalActivitiesPIN

And don’t forget to checkout the rest of my post for toddler activities on Pinterest.

Follow Pinay Homeschooler's board Tot School Series on Pinterest.

3 comments:

  1. I love your chocolate mud idea. I must admit that I haven't included food in our themed activities. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a creative and sweet toddler unit study! I love the wool for the sheep and the bright colored fruit transfer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wool was inspired by Mavi's school and we love the fruit counter as well :D

      Delete