The Tooth Cross Section

Saturday 25 July 2015

Mavi just had his first visit to the dentist (he is cavity free!) and I’m going to have one of my molar tooth extracted.  So there’s been some talks about teeth in the house and how to avoid tooth extraction like mine. 

Fortunately, we have this dental learning set at home which I got from the local store, and we used this to learn more about the tooth anatomy.  This is a closer look of the tooth model and its internal parts.

P1000051

We used our Tooth Cross Section nomenclature cards to learn about the essential parts of the tooth.

Tooth Cross Section

The description cards that you see below is actually part of a booklet which I created. 

P1000056

The sole purpose of the definition cards for reading practise and vocabulary, the reason why I always integrate it in our activities.

P1000086i

Mavi is actually exploring this on his own.  What I do is set up the learning table and have him work on the materials.  He examines, compare, read and ask questions.  For the presentation, I would place the nomenclature cards in this wooden box I purchased years ago in the Absorbent Minds UK. 

P1000105i

Tooth cross section is part of our dental unit, which I will post later on.  I hope this will inspire you for further exploration of dental study.

By the way, I have a free Teeth Developmental Cards which you can download from here.

TeethDevelopment[6]

If you like this post and wanted to make it as your reference, then  pin it for later!

toothCrosssection

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I love all your gorgeous printables!! Where did you get that tooth model? It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tooth printables! This is so inspiring for our very own tooth study. A tooth study is needed here because Little Bee is a real "bear" when it comes to brushing his teeth. Maybe a tooth study would help him understand more why he needs to care for his precious teeth. Good luck with your tooth!

    ReplyDelete