Continent ~ Africa [2]

Tuesday 19 February 2013

We also worked on animal skin prints.  It was fortunate that I couldn’t find printable skin prints that we could work on, and it resulted to an even more exciting activity:  we made the skin prints all by ourselves!   DSC_0395

I gathered a few African animal figures with interesting skins and we draw the skin print of each.  As seen here, we’re doing the Hyena’s spotty skin.

DSC_0382

And the zebra as well.

DSC_0388

Then we check out the books I borrowed from our library.  We discuss the culture, traditions and lifestyle of African people using the images in the book.  Such as seen below, most women are wearing bead necklaces.DSC_0365

He was amazed of this wooden scooter!  DSC_0368

We also worked on African animals using our animal figures and the cards which I got from Montessori Print Shop.     

DSC_0404

Books I got from the library.  We were able to learn how to count in Swahili using one of the books below.

DSC_0406

Linking to:

Montessori Monday

4 comments:

  1. I love the animal prints! What great ideas you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous activity! That was definitely a blessing that you couldn't find animal skin prints. Your handmade ones look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your texture/animal match-up! What a clever activity! Thanks for linking up at TGIF! Hope to see you linked up again tomorrow =)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the animal skin prints! I need to explore your blog some more--great ideas! I have a blog award for you at http://homeschooladventures3.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/blog-award.html. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete