Continent – Africa [1] (Map Works)

Monday 18 February 2013

As promised, I’d like to share how we go about our Continent study of Africa.  The first part is all about maps. 

Map of Africa DIY Puzzle

Since I don’t own a Puzzle Map of Africa, I decided to make my own out of papers :).  I printed two copies of the African map in a cardstock.  One copy for the control and the other one is for the puzzle.  I colored the countries using crayons (or you can use colored pens) then cut it in different shapes. 

DSC_0330

He immediately spot Madagascar (his favorite African country LOL).DSC_0331

  And finished the rest all by himself with a little assistance from me.  DSC_0336

 DSC_0349

He loooved this activity! He enjoyed working map puzzle and it was a big hit!  I will definitely do the same with the other continents!DSC_0356

And of course, he couldn’t resist putting the African animals on the map :)  It’s just cute how he placed the dinosaur in the water.  He said that they’re long dead now so they belong in the deep ocean.  DSC_0359

Map of Africa and Pin Flags

Again my objective here is point out that each country is represented by a flag.  So here as seen, he worked on the pin flags which I made. 

DSC_1588 

         jarmieprofile31 (1 of 1)-4 jarmieprofile31 (1 of 1)-5

More Africa updates coming… please stay tuned.

Linking to:

 

Montessori Monday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.