Montessori Wrap-Up

Monday 3 October 2011

Mavi is 37 months old.

September 26 to October 2, 2011.

Pink Series

Practice CVC words using our pink series sets 1 to 4. 

DSC_0838

He loves our reading activities and I was surprise that he reads using their sounds not through memorization.

DSC_0844

Then we worked with our ‘rambitg’ alphabets and try to build CVC words from it. I really would like to instill in him that using letters, we can form words!  This also increased his vocabulary for he learned some new words like: rib, tab, bar, fig etc.

DSC_1297

 

We made trees using oil pastels.

DSC_1264

 

Phonics

I talked about it here.

DSC_0796  

Math

Read about our math lessons here.

Since it was also raining, I made use of our size ordering cards which I downloaded from Confessions of a Homeschooler two years ago. He’s learning sizes here and using “smallest” “biggest” and “bigger” words.

          DSC_1301DSC_1319

Art

Attempting to do a Kadinsky painting.  It was a lovely day so I took him out on the balcony to paint. 

DSC_1171

Too bad, the paper we used were not made for watercolor :(

DSC_1169

Here’s my version. I was also painting with him so I can show him what to do and describe the mechanics.

DSC_1177

Drawing and Writing

These activities were his favorite this week.  He kept on making drawings and describing them with words that he alone can understand.  I ask him “what is it?” and he would say something like “it’s a blurg”.  Still I admire it in front of him and telling him that he did a great job.

DSC_1195

This is a table.

DSC_1183

Practice writing his name.

          DSC_1200DSC_1202

Practical Life

 DSC_1223

His favorite practical life activity:  cutting.  Aside from this, he kept helping me with the laundry.

Botany: Trees

DSC_1243

A wonderful week of studying trees! Read about it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.