Leaves

Monday 17 October 2011

To enjoy much of the Autumn season, I recalled our leaves theme last week even if I don’t have enough resources.

I first thing we did was walk along the estate to collect leaves and discuss the different shapes and textures of leaves. He was eager to learn! Especially when we touch the leaves and learn about their textures :) He loves it!

He enjoyed collecting leaves as well.  I explained why some leaves are orange/brown/red and some are green.

          P1020921P1020926

At home, we trace the leaves and differentiate their sizes.

 P1020937

We also made a leaves collage.  Unfortunately, we use a stick glue which doesn’t stick so well :)

          DSC_1506DSC_1508

So later, I decided if we could just paint a replica of our leaves collage.  He ended up painting a car.

DSC_1524

I remembered that I also have a print-out of Leaf match activity which I got from Montessori for Everyone a long time ago. He just loves matching game and it surprises me that he can do it independently in a breeze. 

DSC_1504

And of course, my favorite was the nomenclature cards for the parts of a leaf which I downloaded for free from here.    There’s another version of it from here too.  I only discussed relevant parts of the leaf that my son can easily identify.

DSC_1500

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.