Religious Crafts and Activities for Kids

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Sharing with you some religious crafts we did to go along with our study of Religions in Asia. 

collage copy

Hinduism

Hindus offer garlands to God and to their guests as a sign of welcome.  Our garland was made of tissue paper and I used a thread to tie them up all together to form a garland.

 me-4

Mavi decorated his hand.  This is a Hindu tradition wherein a Hindu bride would decorate its hand with a red dye called mehndi on her wedding day.

me-2

Christianity

One of the poignant moment in Christianity is the death of Jesus Christ.  So here, we made Mount Cavalry using paper plates and paint and added three crosses.  This is where Jesus died with two other outlaws.

 me-5 

me-7

Islam

We made prayer rug used by the Muslims when they worship Allah.  Instead of making a stunning and complicated design which Muslim craftspeople are known of, we just weaved our rug using cardstock.

            DSC_0364 me-8 

Seen below, Mavi demonstrates how it is used.

DSC_0623

Using Legos, we made a model of a Muslim mosque.  We used a styro paper cup and top it with a crescent symbol for the dome.  to signify an Islam mosque. Mavi loved this one the most!

  DSC_0438

Hope you enjoy this post.  More of our Asian Unit Study coming your way.  Till next time!

More Asia Unit in my Pinterest Follow Pinay Homeschooler's board Continent Study: Asia on Pinterest.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child
Home + School = Afterschool!

1 comments:

  1. Excellent crafts and lessons behind them. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete