Internal Organs of the Body

Friday 7 February 2014

We're doing The Human Body this month and part of which is learning about the basic internal organs of our body.  This is a timely subject to tackle as my son has been sickly for the past few days because of the changes in weather.

I've always wanted to purchase a human torso model to show how these organs look and how they are positioned in the body.  But the price in this side of the world is ridiculous so what I did was got us a PlayDoh that comes in different colors and create our own model using our Internal Organs Nomenclature Card.

DSC_2709

As you can see, we have two versions of the brain: his and hers :)

  DSC_2713

Here my son is working on the kidneys. He's using the cards to create a model.

 DSC_2714 

I looooovee how they turned out!  These are my models....

 DSC_2720

.. and here's Mavi's models. 

 DSC_2726

Materials: 3 part card of internal organs and the models. (Click the image below for the link of the cards)  For other cards please check here.

DSC_2746

DSC_2763

We match the models with the picture cards.

DSC_2751

We identified each organs with the labels.  As we do this we discuss the many functions and properties of each organs.

 DSC_2732  

Here are the books we used.

DSC_2727

For more FREEbies and learning aids, please check The Pinay Homeschooler Shop and Downloads.

Linking to:

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child
Home + School = Afterschool!
Natural Homeschool's Montessori Linky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.