Artist Study ~ Vincent Van Gogh (Starry Night)

Wednesday 17 July 2013

We concluded our Van Gogh study with Starry Night.  We previously had Sunflowers and my son had a wonderful time painting like Vincent!

DSC_0755

We discussed about the colors.  With Sunflowers we were using bright colors... with Starry Night we're using darker shades like blue, violet and black.

 DSC_0758

I also paint with him :)

 DSC_0759 

Here's my son's Starry Night rendition :)

 DSC_0762

Next would be either Seurat or Mondrian. I'm hoping we could do a lot of Artist Study before the school starts this fall. 

I wonder what have you been doing this summer?

Have a nice day!

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Spring Carnival

1 comments:

  1. What a fun project. Our kids love our famous artist studies. I think it is wonderful to teach kids about great art while they are still young!

    Thanks for linking up to TGIF. I hope to see you linked up again later today.

    Gave a great weekend,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete