Bird Study Part I

Monday 20 May 2013

I wanted to share to you our Bird Study which we had last week.  We did this last year, but since my son is getting a bit older I added a few activities so he can understand birds a little bit deeper.
DSC_0135
We matched birds using our Bird Cards and the our bird collections coming from Safari Toobs (Exotic Birds, Down Under, Penguin and Farm) and Schleich. DSC_0138
All birds found in Safari Toob Exotic Birds have a matching card which also included the The Bird printable pack.  then I also added a few more bird cards so we can discuss the different kinds of birds.
birds2
I think he never outgrows matching! He still loves them even if he's been doing this activity for years!  
                  DSC_0157 DSC_0163
Seen below, we are discussing the different kinds of birds, their characteristics, unique features and how they differ from others.  I will try to come up with a free printable for this one after I summarize the data, as it is worth sharing :)  birds
Then of course, we discuss the different parts of the bird using our Bird Definition Booklet.  Then I had my son do our homemade bird puzzle and put labels on each part.
                    DSC_0203 DSC_0205
Next post is still on birds, we're doing worksheets, differentiate beaks and bird's feet.
Linking to:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.