The Skeletal System

Wednesday 22 August 2012

EDIT: SORRY, I POSTED THE WRONG LINK FOR THE SKELETON PRINTABLES. CLICK THIS ONE FOR THE CORRECT LINK. I already corrected the wrong link I posted below.

My son has been fascinated with the human skeletal system.  He’s been singing Dem Bones for months now and enjoys the skeleton dance.  With this, I decided to throw a human body system unit so he can have an overview of what he is made of.
There’s the books which I got from the library.  I am so thankful for our wonderful library, they have an amazing collection of fiction and non fiction books for kids!
DSC_0340
Then I downloaded the human skeletons from Game Crafts Coloring.  I picked this one among the others I encountered on the net because the bones here are easier to cut and they’re sized for my little boy.  First he figure out how to connect the bones... of course with a little guidance from me.  As we do this, we discuss how each bones differ from each other and how they function.
                DSC_0353 DSC_0361
Once we’re done, we glue each of them on a brown paper.  Here I used the bag of a paper bag. 
DSC_0354 
As we glue, he got so excited that he wanted to position his body just beside the skeleton.LOL.DSC_0365
Once we’re done, I gave brief introduction about the internal organs and how each are positioned inside the body.  By the time we get to the digestive system.... he lost his interest (might be tired already) so I decided to stop the activity.
DSC_0371
 
We continued the activity the next day... will talk about it on my next post.
Linking to:
Montessori Monday

1 comments:

  1. Love the activity. Great fun for a tot!
    Is There any link for the digestive system? I think my 3 1/2 yo would love that!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete