Worksheets – Alphabets

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Because my printer has finally arrived, I am executing my “worksheets” plan starting this week.  Since almost everything here in Europe is expensive, I decided not to purchases any worksheets for Mavi.  Instead, I collected a bunch of pdf files from the web, printed and compiled some  selections for our daily worksheets.  We will still be doing Montessori activities, but I’d like to add worksheets to prepare Mavi for preschool this September.

Basically, after the circle time we start “schooling” with worksheets.  Then followed by Pink Series or Blue Series (Montessori Reading).  In the afternoon after we took a break, have lunch and did some free play, we would work on either B4FIAR units, themed units, outdoor activities, Geography or any other Montessori related activities. 

Anyway, here’s my worksheets for this week":

DSC_0263

There are two categories: 

Monday and Wednesday, we’ll be working with alphabet based worksheets.  One letter for each day, and the letters are randomly selected.

Tuesday and Thursday, we’ll be working with numbers or math activities. 

Friday, we’ll be working with Progressive Phonics booklets and do some art-related activities.

Here are the contents of the alphabet’s worksheet:

  • Practice coloring and tracing of a letter. I got it from here.
  • Mark the picture that starts with the letter of the day. Here we used our do-a-dot markers and marked each objects starting with letter ‘t’ blue. The worksheet was downloaded from Beginning Reading for free.

          DSC_0268 DSC_0322

  • Here are additional worksheets which I downloaded from School Sparks.  The activities below is identifying words and picture objects that begins with letter ‘t’.  Here, the child glues the words or letters on the box.  I cut out the letters first and just made my son glue the correct answer.
    DSC_0274

 

  • Some auditory exercises from the same source (School Sparks).

DSC_0318

  • I also added do-a-dot activities, which my son truly enjoyed the most.  This printable was downloaded from Shannon’s Totschool. She has both the uppercase and the lowercase letters.

DSC_0319

  • Letter maze or letter search.  This also came from Shannon’s Totschool website.

DSC_0320 

Now everything goes well, until my son asked for more letters to work on for his stamping activities.  He ended up doing letters A to J.  To save ink and paper (LOL), we might do the stamping game once a week or I will just make NOT to print extra letters :)

DSC_0324

See him in action working the sheets.  Without the stamping of do-a-dots, he can finish the worksheets in about 30 minutes. 

worksheet

I just hope I am doing this right.  He works these with me... with a little guidance such describing the activity, and giving out the instructions.  In a few weeks, I might still look for additional activities that we could worked in case he would ask for more.  But for now, I’ll settle for this as I am also pre-occupied with work. 

1 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is about those dot markers. My kids love them. It looks like some really fun worksheets you have done. I've got to find and print those for my kiddos. They love worksheets too.

    ReplyDelete