Homeschool Wrap-Up (12.5 – 12.9)

Tuesday 13 December 2011

It’s so difficult these days to keep up with blogging!  Since I still work (at home) I always procrastinate updating my blog and would rather playing with the little one.  

Here are the things we did last week.

Instead of doing Advent Calendar, we made letter crafts for our Christmas Countdown.  I talked about it here.

DSC_0659

Lots of writing activity.

DSC_0573

We talked about polar bears.  This Usborne Beginner’s book has wonderful book about polar bears.  It’s been my son’s favorite since I got it for him. 

 DSC_0701

I also made control cards based on our Arctic Toob for matching game.

DSC_0696

For math, I downloaded these penguins activity cards from Making Learning Fun.  Here, Mavi is learning how to measure the temperature by reading the thermometer:)  On the other picture, Mavi is practicing his learning skills by feeding the penguins with “candies”.

               DSC_0587DSC_0594

He worked on his number puzzle.

DSC_0651 

DSC_0610

We also did some patterning activities using printables from 2 Teaching Mommies.

DSC_0688 

Aside from reading books and learning to read words using this, we also worked on our Alpha Phonics Boxes... by sorting objects starting with letters ‘dejyjkwvz’.

               DSC_0667DSC_0676

Linked to:

linkandlearn-150x150Montessori Monday

1 comments:

  1. I love your arctic animal control cards. Is there any way to get a copy? Thanks for your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete