Homeschool Wrap-Up (11.28 – 12.2)

Sunday 4 December 2011

Sharing pictures of what we did last week (aside from reading books).  We only worked a few activities as to most days, he prefers playing alone... pretending to be Mister Maker. 

LANGUAGE

  • We practiced reading of word families for ‘ot’ and ‘ow’
  • Identifying beginning and end letters for our CVC words.  This is still part of our Pink Series unit.  I was hoping to wrap this up by the end of 2011 but by the way I I see it, he still has difficulty identifying ending letters.  We will be doing this activity a lot so he can practice learning ending sounds.

                    DSC_0501DSC_0491

SCIENCE

We sort his toys whether they are magnetic or not.  Oh he loved this activity!

               DSC_0425DSC_0412

Then we did the 3-part card for Turtle I bought this from Montessori Print Shop.  Supposedly, this is for our Pond Unit but since I didn’t have much resources to go along with the theme, I just whipped a few turtle-related activities.

               DSC_0481DSC_0488

Learned about the Life Cycle of a Turtle

DSC_0429

MATH

Turtle sizing activity. 

DSC_0431

Turtle jumping game using number cards.  Here I would tell him whether to jump by 2’s or 3’s or at times, I would just command him to jump to a certain number.  Great way to learn numbers, counting and to have fun using motor skills.

 DSC_0447

I don’t know the name of this game but this is certainly a favorite during parties and get together in the Philippines.  Here, I placed the same Turtle number cards on the floor, then have my son followed my instructions.  Something like:  place your right foot on 4, then have your left foot on top of number 8, place your right hand on 10 etc etc.  When the game was over, this is how he end up on the floor.

                         DSC_0453DSC_0448

It was fun fun fun! He kept asking me that we should play it again! (All turtle cards were downloaded from Confessions of a Homeschooler)

PRACTICAL LIFE

Lots of writing practice using our Kumon lowercase write and wipe

DSC_0496 

Advent project: The Creation

DSC_0547

And sorting his toys by beginning letters.  He did this all by himself.

 DSC_0552

Linking this to:

Montessori Mondaylinkandlearn-150x150

1 comments:

  1. What fun with word families! And I love your magnetic/nonmagnetic activity!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you next week,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete