Word Family Strips

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Aside from the Pink Series I made these word family strips. I made 3 for each phonic sounds “a-e-i-o-u”. 

DSC_0095

At first he struggled with the concept or beginning letter sound and blending.  But with practice and his love for playing around the strips, he was able to figure out how it all worked. 

So can he read now? Yes! He was able to read them with minimal assistance from me :) Yipee! I couldn’t believe that this technique worked for him.

DSC_0097

We still need to do Phonics Beginner Books of Progressive Learning so we can practice reading sentences and phrases.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.