Phonics Search and Sort

Sunday 25 September 2011

We did Alpha Phonics Object box this week.  And for this activity, I just dumped everything (objects) on a box and had my son search for the objects that starts with letters R-A-M-F-B-I-T-G and sort them.

I love how he concentrates on this.

DSC_0794

Here’s our object box.  I like it that I made it this way, mix everything and allow him to search.  It’s like playing a treasure hunt!

DSC_0805 

For the sorting, I placed four different colored construction papers on the table and made him arrange the uppercase and lowercase “ramf” letters.

DSC_0809

The result of his work: 

       DSC_0810DSC_0811

After “ramf”, he asked if we could do more.  So I made him search for objects starting with letters “bitg”.

       DSC_0816DSC_0818

This is what my son came up with letters “bitg”.

       DSC_0819DSC_0820

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.