Goodnight Moon Storytelling Basket

Thursday 3 March 2016

Oh my, Goodnight Moon is one of my kids favourite books and I can’t wait to share with you the contents of our storytelling basket!  I assembled it over the weekend and both Vito and Mavi are having fun tinkering and exploring the objects. 

I read this book everynight. It’s calming, relaxing… makes them ponder of what’s out there in the night, letting them observe their room and the silence of the night.  And may I just say, there is so much love in the story.  The old lady as I would always say to the boys, is lovingly watching her little kid going to sleep, just like most Mommies do!

GoodnightMoonFB

So this is our storybasket  where I placed all of our objects and the book. I put this on the top of the shelf. Some of the items here are small so I need to assist and supervise whenever they play with it.  Items here were from the following Playmobil playsets:

The clock was from Amazon, the moon is a DIY, the kittens were from Safari Toob Domestic Cats  and the bears were from Learning Resources counting bears.

pinayhomeschooler (1 of 1)-30

Now, we’ve read this book a hundred times LOL. Vito knows this by heart.  So he knows each of the objects in the book and he was quite fascinated that he gets to see them and touch them personaly! Take a look at our three little bears sitting on chairs, the comb, brush and the bowl full of mash!

pinayhomeschooler (1 of 1)-27

He obviously loves the bears!

DSC_0588

But his favourite of all was the clock! Now I highly suggest that you read the book to your child first.  Give it a week of reading before starting the storytelling basket as there might be times they’ll get distracted of the toys. When that happens, just allow your child to play with it for as long as he wants.

DSC_0586

Vito can’t take his eyes from this clock so we have to pause and explore this. We talked about the numbers and hands and he was fascinated!

DSC_0598

I hope you like this post.  It  will give you an idea on how to put fun into your reading time.  We previously had the Papa Please Get the Moon For Me and it was also a hit!

StoryTellingMoon

Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Google Plus, Instagram or Twitter for updates!  More learning materials at Pinay Homeschooler Shop.

Pin this for later!

GoodnightMoonPIN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.