Geological Time Scale with Safari Toobs

Wednesday 4 February 2015

geologicaltimes

Last year, I was able to purchase the Cambrian and Prehistoric Life Toobs from Amazon because it was on sale.  I’ve always wanted to have them so we can use the figures in our Geological Time lesson. Remember the first time Mavi and I had the lesson at home? It was a hit! He love it so much! His interest came to light when he started reading the Universe Trilogy:

Born with a Bang

Lava to Life

Mammals who Morph

After which he started to do his own “timeline” by connecting the dots in the stories (based on the books).  Because we didn’t have the appropriate figures, our representation of the timeline is incomplete.  And finally, these toobs were on sale and we just have to finish what we started!

So here are the additional toobs that we used (aside from the dinosaur toobs)":

The Cambrian Toob. Loooove them! They are so colourful and the details! OMG!

DSC_0021

The Prehistoric Life Miniatures.  Love this well!  Too bad it doesn’t have enough animal figures on it though. But we love it anyway.

DSC_0030

So here are my boys, Mavi putting things in action.  I made the paper mat. I simply added the label on the side.

DSC_0050

And Vito, taking away the items from the mat and destroying everything that Mavi has created LOL.

DSC_0041 Ahhh… here it is! I finally got the chance to snap a photo of Mavi’s work while the little one is napping.

DSC_0032

Pictures below how Mavi would research each of the figures.  Yes I’m beginning to teach him to do research using the web.  He’s getting there, he loves reading out loud his discoveries (soon I’ll teach him how to take down notes!).  I told him we can do research in books and in the internet nowadays.  I also made labels for each figures.  They are actually etched on each but it so difficult to read. 

toobs

Let’s get connected! Like us in Facebook, Pinterest, GooglePlus and Instagram!  Links to our social media sites are on the right sidebar :)  See you around!

More of Science-related activities here!

Follow Pinay's board General Science on Pinterest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.