Holiday Homecoming Part II

Sunday 25 January 2015

The highlights of our stay at my parents house were the New Year's celebration and our island beach escapade. 

It is a tradition in our family to gather  and celebrate all together on New Year’s eve.  It was Mavi’s first time to party with his grandparents, uncles and aunties.. and cousins!  (Sorry can’t post family pictures for privacy :D)

Seeing a whole roasted pig for the first time.

DSC_0628

I was teaching him how to light a sparkler!

DSC_0704

And the little boy so interested with this horn.

DSC_0716

After the New Year, we headed out to an island beach resort which is 4 hrs drive from home.  I really wanted Mavi to experience how we enjoy the beach in the Philippines. It’s not just about swimming in the water but doing lots of play and island adventure as well.

Making sandcastle :)

DSC_0006

Island hopping with cousin

DSC_0268

Beach

DSC_0321  

Starfish!

DSC_0565

Cave!

  DSC_0672

Riding in front of the fishing boat is so much compared to being inside.  Mavi with my not so little brother.

DSC_0730 

Early morning walk at the beach, finding dead corals, shells and hermit crabs! DSC_0047

                    DSC_0059 DSC_0062

Oh we are missing all of these already!! 

My son suffered separation anxiety for awhile. But I comforted him that we’ll have lots of family adventures here as well once it is springtime. I know its different with other families and relatives around, but we can’t do anything about it since they’re millions miles away from us. I love it that Mavi appreciated the trip, that he was able to appreciate the presence of other family  members and felt the love that they have for him (and his brother). 

Now I can’t wait to go back! LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.