Plans for Mavi SY 2014-2015

Monday 28 July 2014

1525507_10152467706549689_1337154419_n Mavi will start Senior Infants this September but his level is actually on the second grade.  So far, husband and I are happy of the school he's in.  They have a very good language and literature program, studying two foreign languages, they have religion subject, art and PE as well.  So what we do at home is basically “afterschool activities” and supplemental lessons. 

I don’t have any curriculums in the past.  I based my activities on his interest and would sometimes be in-line to the lessons they have in school.

But for this school year, it’ll be different. We’ll be working with workbooks and the activity sheets I will be making for him. He is starting to work independently now, reading instructions on his own and completing the work with minimal supervision.  Mavi is off to an excellent start and I know he’ll be okay with it.

For this year, Mavi's "home" schooling will be focused on the following:

  • Spelling and Vocabulary
  • Reading Comprehension
  • Mathematics
  • Cursive handwriting (they do cursive in school)


I will still apply Montessori principles if needed and apply the training I've received as well.  I will try my best to share our lessons, activity sheets and the milestones we'll have in this journey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.