Animal Habitats Cards

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Hello readers! I am happy to present to you my latest product and an addition to our favourite learning materials at home. 
I am finally publishing our Animal Habitat cards!  This learning material will familiarize the child of the different biomes in the world, and the animals that thrive on that habitat.  What inspired me to create this material is that, my son loves to sort out his animal figures according to the places they live. He would ask me "Mom, does tiger lives in the forest? or savanna?"  And it's pretty much hard to explain at times why certain animals can thrive in the colder regions and how others survive in the desert.  So I made this material so I answer all of my son's questions.
(Click the image for the link)
The file contains the following:
  • 6 pictures of the habitat (desert, temperate deciduous forest, grassland, tundra, taiga, rainforest)
  • 60 picture cards of animals (10 animals for each habitat)
  • The picture cards measure 3 3/4 by 3 1/4
  • Definition card for each habitat. 
  • The definition cards measure 6 x 3 1/4
  • Map for each habitat. The maps measure 7 1/2 by 4 1/4.

Here's a glimpse of the material once prepared:
This is the "rainforest" in red.  The picture cards in the file has NO BORDER color.  Because I ran out of white cardstock, I printed my file in an ordinary paper.  To make it sturdy I have to add a cardstock, thus the red border. 
DSC_0067
Here's a closer look of the map and the definition card.  I know that some of you are using the materials in your class or community school, so I made sure that the picture cards and maps are big and clear enough to be seen in a classroom setup (not just for personal private use).
DSC_0068  And this is a sample of how the picture cards would look like with cardstock borders. 
DSC_0072 
When my son saw these, he was ecstatic!! He can't wait for tomorrow to work on his picture cards and maps!
So if your kids are on stage of animal obsession, why not try these material and have them explore the animal habitats of the world :)

1 comments:

  1. I love these! It's probably a good thing that I don't have a printer right now - I'd be dangerous (and a little ink crazy!) I will have to remember these. How much is the set (if you don't mind me asking)?

    ReplyDelete