Intro to Decanomial Beads

Thursday 21 November 2013

Finally, my Decanomial beads has arrived!  This is the first Montessori materials I purchased and it's so worth it.  Son loved it immediately. Actually, if you've been following my blog, I have a few homemade beads.  But the problem is that I don't have enough and don't have the storage box. 

Now that I own this set we can do a lot of Montessori math :)  And the box really comes in handy.

The first thing we tried was the Snake Game.  I am using Karen Tyler's Math album for this one but you can read about the mechanics of the activity here.

DSC_1965

 DSC_1969

DSC_1971

Oh we'll be very busy in the next few days :)  We'll use this alongside our study of Mexico and United States.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.