Basic Shapes for Kids (FREE Cards)

Friday 27 September 2013

They were doing shapes in school so I was thinking that we should review our shapes at home too.   I made this FREE printable so we can do a hands-on and at the same time do some matching: shape, name and number of sides. Unfortunately, he couldn't wait.  When he saw the printed materials he wanted to work on it already.DSC_1402

Using the craft sticks I got from the craft store few years ago, he formed the shapes just as in the cards. I made a point that the rectangle has two longer sides that's why he has to connect two sticks to make them longer so he can form a rectangle.

DSC_1404

DSC_1406

I made him use white felt mat so the sticks won't slip on the table.  (Click the image below for the link)

DSC_1405

(Click the image for the link)

A close look of my FREE printable. The shapes are color coded to match the color of the sticks that we have.

954690_10152240063199689_1944236389_n 

Once cut, this is how you can work on with the matching activity.  Let your child identify the shape, match the label or the sides.

DSC_1410  

And for writing and spelling practice, an activity sheet is also included in the file.

For more FREEbies and learning materials, check The Pinay Homeschooler Shop and Downloads.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child

1 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday and for sharing your shape cards! I love the hands-on activity to go with them. I featured your post as the Free Printable of the Day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and on Pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete