Artist & Art Study ~ Piet Mondrian

Monday 19 August 2013

Today we learned how to make art, the Mondrian style.  He is a Dutch artist who loves to use lines, and his famous work involves the primary colors (a good way to teach primary and secondary colors!)  My son described his work as Church windows :)

First, we read stories and facts about Mondrian and pointed Netherlands in our Europe map and identified its flag.  (This is a good way to review our Geography/Continent Study)  We used this resource from Making Art Fun.

I cut out strips of black cardstock and had my son decorate his own "doors and windows".  First he I made him use primary colors using crayons.

               DSC_1082  DSC_1088

And the next one, I made him use paints in secondary colors.

               DSC_1092 DSC_1101

And this is what he came up with. 

 DSC_1109

I love how it turned it!  I'm keeping all our works from our Artist Study so I can frame them when I have the time :) 

By the way, here's a Mondrian Song I came across the web (Forgot the link, but if you know it or own please let me know for the credits).   We sang it together while admiring his work.

Mondrian Song (London Bridge Tune)

Mondrian use lots of lines, lots of lines, lots of lines

Mondrian use lots of lines, in his paintings.

Black and white, red, yellow and blue, black, white, red, yellow, blue

Mondrian is famous for, Abstract Paintings.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.