Asia ~ Philippines

Monday 14 January 2013

During the holiday break, my son had been learning all about our home country.  He had this sudden interest of learning the language and eager to learn our local songs.  So I had been playing Christmas songs in Filipino and been exposing him to our local shows as well.  As of now he has learned 5 Filipino songs, and can speak a few Tagalog words.

Learning about a country starts with the familiarity of its location on the map and how it looks like.

P1100181

Hands on learning of the Philippine flag together with some play money (Peso).  Had to show him a miniature of our local fishing boat as most of our people are fishermen and a jeepney which is our country’s mode of public transportation.

collagei

And a bunch of cards and books about fruits, landmarks etc. I purchased these books during our vacation and they were mostly folktales and stories I have read during my primary years. My son loves to listen to these stories and insist that I should read them in Tagalog (our national language).

collage1

At home, I mostly cook Filipino dishes.  Among my son’s favorite are Adobo, Sinigang and Crispy Fried Dilis (Anchovy).

386479_10151547656164689_679292302_n

Linking to:

 Montessori Monday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.