Leaf Shapes

Monday 18 June 2012

Mavi and I have been collecting leaves to use for our leaf/leaves study.   I purchased this Botany Cabinet Shapes cards from Montessori Print Shop to introduce the different leaf shapes. 

DSC_0044

Then I had my son observe each leaf that we have collected, to look at it for while and differentiate each one from another.DSC_0053

We matched the leaves to the control cards.  This portion here was very challenging.  It was hard to identify the shapes of some leaves :)

DSC_0049

DSC_0057

I didn’t want to dispose the leaves yet so I decided that we might take a look at leaf margins as well.  Here we tape the leaves to a white paper and observe the margins of each leaf for a while.DSC_0064 Then I made him trace the leaves.  We differentiated that some leaves have smooth margins, while others were spiky.

DSC_0065 DSC_0070

 DSC_0072 DSC_0073

This is what we ended up later.

DSC_0087 

DSC_0076

Linking to:

Montessori Monday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It really means a lot that you spare the time to read... and comment! Don't forget to check the "Notify Me" box so you will be notified of my response.